View Asset Logs
Each Asset has a number of Logs that it keeps from data that it reports to the portal. Some of these Logs populate their information automatically from events, and others require manual inputs from the user or the Asset operator. Each Log is a historical reference which can be pulled and viewed regardless of the viewing mode or visible history of the Map Mode. Each Log stores a different type of information, and some Logs, when opened, give users the ability to add entries or data directly.
Viewing Logs - Details Panel
The primary means of viewing the data in each Log is accessing it through the Asset Options tab in the Details Panel.
- Open either the Live Mode or History Mode
- From the List Panel, select the Asset whose Logs you wish to view
- Click the Cog button on that Asset to open the Asset Options in the Details Panel
- Expand the subheader in the list called Logs
- Click to open the Log you wish to view
Users can run Reports that will show some of the same information contained in these Asset Logs, but viewing the Logs directly at the Asset level is often important for findind specific events or isolating the data from a single Asset.
- Message Log: three tabs display a list of messages between the Asset and the portal.
- Incoming displays a list of all messages from the Asset to the portal. Information in the Log includes the priority level, message, address (of position from which it was sent), time of message, and buttons to both acknowledge the message and delete it from the Log.
- Outgoing displays a list of all messages sent from the portal to the Asset. Information in the Log includes the type of message, message itself (info box will appear if too long, hover to view), date and time created, delivery status, date and time sent, and a button to delete the message from the Log.
- Alerts displays a raw Log of Alerts that includes both those already viewed and acknowledged as well as those not yet seen.
- I/O Log: displays a list of the changes to the I/O pin settings. Information includes the settings configuration, Address of the position report tied to the change, and the date and time of the change.
- Driver Log: displays a list of sessions and trips when Drivers have logged into the Asset. Information includes the Driver name, login/logout details, duration of the session, trip data, an open notes field, and the source of the report.
- Waypoint Log: keeps track of the Waypoints that have been assigned to the Asset, as well as the dates and times at which the Asset reaches the Waypoint and marks it complete.
- Refueling Log: displays information to help users track the gas consumption and fuel efficiency of their Assets. Users and Asset operators can manually submit Refueling Logs to keep track of the amount of fuel purchased and odometer reading for each fill up. The Log generates fuel efficiency data based on the differences between odometer readings and amount of fuel added to monitor the differences between fill ups.
- Service Meters: Service Meters are daily accounts of use of equipment, from engine run time to distance traveled, the Log will vary by the type of information collected by the meter.
- Garmin Forms: contains a list of any Garmin forms submitted to the portal by the Asset operator. Information includes the title of the form, location of the submission, the form itself, and the date and time of the form submission.